Start Date: September 2018
Our innovative Technology Degree Apprenticeship is the newest degree programme we’ve added to our Flying Start degree series.
PwC has extended its unique technology degree apprenticeship to a third UK university – Queen’s University, Belfast – giving more young people the chance to develop in-demand technology skills and experience.
Queen’s Belfast joins PwC’s existing partnership with the Universities of Birmingham and Leeds, reinforcing the firm’s commitment to regional investment and to developing talent to meet the UK’s growing demand for technology expertise.
PwC is already one of the UK’s largest graduate employers and the innovative four-year technology degree apprenticeship programme has been designed by PwC in partnership with the universities. Starting in September 2018, it will give students a traditional university experience and degree in computer science or software engineering, combined with practical work-based technology projects at PwC, tailored course content, great job prospects, and a salary from day one.
The students will not incur any student debt, as university fees are paid through the apprenticeship levy in England and the Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland.
This is an exciting time to join us, and our Technology Degree Apprenticeship means you’ll work closely with our clients on a whole range of projects. You could be helping them understand how technology can unlock their potential and protect their businesses, or using Big Data to provide insight and help steer strategy.
What you’ll gain
Be the first to take the opportunity to study and work at the same time, while specialising in Technology.
- All your tuition fees are funded by PwC through the apprenticeship levy in England and the Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland
- As PwC employee, you’ll receive a salary each month
- You’ll work on cutting-edge digital and technology client projects
- Base location for your work placements will be at your local office in Birmingham, Belfast or Leeds, so you can still live in your university accommodation
- Gain a Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional degree
At the end of the programme, you could join us full time, with the potential to specialise in a preferred area of tech and customise your role to fit your passion and skills.
What you’ll need
- An interest in Technology
- No prior programming experience is needed
- Specific academic requirements apply per university. Please visit our website for further details
- As part of the programme we support the ‘Access schemes’ for each university designed to help students from all backgrounds
- Visit our website pwc.com/uk/flying-start to learn more and apply
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last fourteen years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime