A London-based logistics operator is looking for two apprentice software engineers to join their IT team.
Davies Turner is one of the UK’s leading freight and logistics organisations, providing overland, ocean and air cargo services. Founded in 1870, they take pride in being one of the true innovators in this global industry.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to deal directly with users to develop a range of applications. As an in-house developer your work will involve you in all areas of the company including finance, export/import operations, transport and warehouse, sales and administration, giving you a fantastic opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. The job will give exposure to the full development stack and both front and back end development.
The successful applicant will receive an 18 month training package in software development methodologies. This is a Level 4 qualification and includes the opportunity to gain industry recognised Microsoft Certified Professional qualifications. Some of this training takes place in London and the successful candidate must be able to travel to London for these sessions when required.
- Starting salary is dependent on qualification level and ranges between £15,000 and £18,000, raising £1,500 every six months for the first 18 months
- Fully funded, industry-recognised training package
- Life cover
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Income replacement
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free car parking
- Introduce a friend scheme
- Flexible hours
The successful candidate does not need to have experience or qualifications in software development. We are looking for high-potential candidates with a demonstrable passion for technology and a burning desire to become a successful software developer.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate their ability to keep abreast of the latest technologies,
- A self-learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to plan and organise work to achieve deadlines.
- Able to work independently and be a good team player
- A strong communicator
- Flexible in their approach to work
- Able to develop effective customer relationships, internally and externally
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at A – C, including Maths and English
A-Levels (or equivalent) in Maths and/or Science related subjects preferred
Applications from graduates welcomed
Other important information
The workplace location will not be convenient for everybody. Before applying, candidates must have looked into this and confirmed that they are able to easily get to work each day (Edison’s Park, Crossways Business park, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QJ)
Candidates must be available for interview w/c Monday 7th August
Deadline for applications is Sunday 6th August 2017