The Leigh Academy
Leigh Academies Trust have a fantastic opportunity and are seeking to appoint an Apprentice to join us in the role of Administrator/Receptionist. This is a brand new role for the Trust as Central Services move to new office space located in Strood Academy, Medway for September 2017, encompassing Finance, IT, Business and HR.
We are working with Apprenticeship Connect in the recruitment and delivery of the training provision for Apprenticeships across the Trust; we invite interested and suitably experienced candidates to apply via the following link – http://www.apprenticeshipconnect.co.uk/jobs/receptionist-apprenticeship/
- On the job training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
- Fantastic apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Discounted travel
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Present a professional, welcoming service, greeting all visitors and LAT staff.
- Ensure the reception area is manned at all times.
- Maintain security by issuing visitors’ badges.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls answering queries where possible and redirecting appropriately.
- Take delivery of incoming mail and distribute to relevant members of staff/pigeon holes in a timely manner.
- Sort and attach appropriate postage to outgoing mail and prepare for collection by Royal Mail.
- Maintain a computerised reservations system for the booking of meeting rooms and hot-desks.
- Liaise effectively with all site staff including cleaning and catering personnel to ensure the offices, meeting rooms and common areas of the Trust office building are maintained to a high standard.
- Assist the Trust Executive team with various administrative duties including photocopying, scanning, shredding and filing, and distribution of correspondence and marketing mailshots.
- Ensure that there is adequate stock of Trust information in reception including newsletters and prospectuses.
- Monitor office supplies and place orders where necessary.
- Update academy websites with detail from the Trust website including newsletters and announcements.
A full Job Description will be shared on offer of employment.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Computer literacy in usual office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Committed and enthusiastic
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.